Followers

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wreath & Christmas Tree Hunting

So my sister Toni, and I and the boys left to go get a tree, you know cut a real one down, traditions.  Or trying to do something like that.  We left Rexburg, ID.  It was getting more foggy as we left and the snow drifts were gettng bigger, 4- 6 feet and larger from a previous snow storm.  So we went where she had gone the week before and it was not passable.  So we headed to Kelley Canyon.  The road was ok then past the ski hill it was not plowed.  We made it to where we have parked before and she trie to back up and turn around, more difficult.  However in the parking lot were 3 pickups, their snowmobiles, and their freshly cut trees.  So we left more determined to get trees.  After debating we stopped in the road ok the two tracks left in the snow and she left to go and cut the trees.  Yes, we did have 2 tags that we bought a Valley Wide.  So after waiting I went to see if she needed help. The snow was waist high, so it made moving hard, I grabbed one tree and began to head back.  The 3 cars we saw earlier were behind us, we blocked the road.  I threw the 1st tree in.  The guys were standing with their arms crossed in front of 1 pickup one guy asked "do you have tags"? I said yes, and left to get the other tree.  I grabed the other tree and threw it in the back and we got in to leave and as we were pulling away I heard a thump, and look in my mirror, a guy is approaching the pickup.  So I open the door and say "yes, what do you want?"  He says I am Idaho State Police, where are you tags and shows is id.  We showed him the tags and left.

Driving to our destination.

A. chilling in the car.

This is the road that Toni wanted to go up but it was blocked by all the snow.

This reminded me of the movie "New in Town"when the lady takes a picture of renee z. when going to look at the rental property.

My wreath, the one I made with Toni is much better. I cant get that to load so this will suffice.

Ok, so A. was not in a carseat.  The boys were left alone but I could see them while getting the trees, and we didn't properly tag the trees.  So on the way back we cut juniper and sage brush to add to the pine to make a wreath.

No comments: