Followers

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pacers

Pacers is a program A.'s school does to promote healthy kids. Every Tuesday and Thursday the his have the choice to run laps during lunch recess. They record their lap and by punching a piece of paper and then the kids take the paper to their classroom where the teacher records the laps. Then on Thursday the parent volunteers collect the papers, the same ones that did the punching of paper, and in the cafeteria they have shoes the students have colored with their names on them. They are lameniated. Then they move the shoes to the new mile standings the kids have reached.

The goal is to reach 50 miles by May I think 2nd week of 2013.
A. has 93 miles. Winter slowed him down. when they reach 5, 10, 20,25,50 and so on the get a plastic charm that goes on the bracelet they gave them. He attached his to his backpack. I have kept him home 3 Tuesdays when he was sick so he is under 100, he has a friend that is over 100. I remind him that I kept him home because I knew he would run while being sick and I didn't want him to get worse. He is very fast. Both he and his brother like to race people when we go to the BYU-I indoor track. Maybe this fall he can do a 5K with his dad. I think I will pass. Another time. Or he can do the turkey trot.

No comments: