Followers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fishing along Pacific Creek in the Teton Wilderness July 4th weekend

The boys enjoyed the sandy banks and build sand castles and throwing rocks into the water.
C. fishing, he would not let go of the pole until he found ants and bugs along the bank.
Both boys so focused on their play.  C. was talking to the sand and A. poking bugs with his sticks.
The fishing was not great, another guy caught some, but no luck this trip, I think they wanted flies.  The water was also swfter than other times we have gone.  We usually go in August and later.
C. ready to hit me with the rock for having him sit still for a picture, and A. such a big cheese, he makes me show him after the picture and says "Oh cute".
                                    Headed to go bring home a fish.
He was thrilled when we would let him hold the pole.

So things we forgot on this camping trip.  A. backpack which had all his clothes I thought Eli packed it and he thought I grabbed it, well Eli packed it and headed outside so I thought he had it.  That is why A. is wearing the same outfit the entire time except for when he turned it around.

The gas line to go from the propane tank to the camp chef stove, luckily when we went to the Wind Rivers, Wyoming last year we got a single little burner and it worked like a charm.  Boiled super fast.  Usually we ate around 8 or 10 pm. and a late breakfast.

I forgot to pack pants oops.  I had 2 pairs of capris which by the end of day three I looked liked I rolled in the dirt with the boys when you carry them you get whatever the have on their shoes on your legs.

I am not sure what else we forgot.  But we did go to the store in the park, and it was high priced but sometimes you need supplies, bug spray we used ours and the bugs were bad.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

What a FUN camping trip! Beautiful pictures Andy! And I'm sorry you forgot things...it's inevitable isn't it? I always forget something that would have ended up making the trip so much easier. I'm glad you guys got to be in nature!

Dan and Sara said...

How fun Andy - you're quite the photographer! I love that you got right in and fished with the boys... you're the perfect mother for little boys :)

So glad you had a good time - looks like it was absolutely beautiful!