Followers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Scavenger Hunt

A. was getting bored with C.in preschool. So after thinking about some of the classes I have taken I suggested a scavenger hunt. This time we did a shape scavenger hunt. On a piece of paper I wrote then when I finished I had him read it back to me, by the name of the shape I drew the shape.
The paper looked like this, ok it was a composition book.
Find three things that are circles.
1.
2.
3.
Find 3 things that are squares.
1.
2.
3.
Find 3 triangles.
1.
2.
3.
Find 3 rectangles.
1.
2.
3.
Find 3 ovals.
1.
2.
3.
Find 3 animals/bugs with shapes.
1.
2.
3.

To make it more fun, I had him take pictures of the object and then he would write the name. It kept getting hotter and hotter so I began to write the name. It took us about 45 minutes and 2 blocks away to find objects. He would ask for help then now like what I suggested. Typical.

So for circles he used tires, steering wheel, and a daisy.
For squares storm drain, sidewalk, window
For triangles: flower-morning glory made up of triangles, butterfly wings, and a thistle weed had many triangles.
For rectangles we used the curb, sidewalk, and wood stake.
For ovals we used rock, toyota symbol on the back of the car, and a piece of tar or gum smashed on the sidewalk.
For animals/bugs we found an ant--circle for the body, ladybug-circle for black spots,  and a bumble bee, circle on back of body.

It was fun and he enjoyed it. Next time we will do more in depth shapes and go to the park or nature park.

No comments: