Followers

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Clueless-the hand shake

Ok, so today we went to church early. I made a point to get everyone ready because I knew it was the primary program, when the kids do a program during church giving talks explaining what they learned for the year. So I am looking around since we were 15 minutes early and not many people were here yet. And a nice looking older man is sitting up front and I am thinking oh, a grandparent, but he looks familiar. Eli turns to me and says do your recognize that man, I saw nope, thinking why should I, is it a person we have vitisted before doing missionary work? He would not tell me until a 10 minutes later he said it was Elder Hales a leader in the LDS church. Well I thought Hales looked older. Then he sits on the stand and they introduce him it was


Elder Oaks. Eli was wrong but so was I. He looks 10 years younger than the picture of him they took with the other leaders. Any way I dont know why he attended. At the end of the meeting I was walking out of the asile to go and he shook my hand and asked how I was doing. I reaplied great. And I did think about not washing my hand but he did shake a lot of other peoples hands and I wanted to eat oh and I am a germ a phob. During the meeting ashton was loud and having fun. Ashton clapped and cheered when the meeting ended. The meeting lasted 15 minutes past the meeting. SO yeah lucky the kids on the stand were taking attention from my clapping kid and I did not want to look back and see who noticed because I could see out of the corner of my eye everyone saw. oh well life with a 3 year old.

1 comment:

Dan and Sara said...

It was awesome that Elder Oaks was there. I'm not sure why he came either, but it was cool to see him and shake his hand. And don't worry about Ashton - one row right behind you was the older McChesney girl, and she was standing on the bench and when the kids would sing, she would get both of her arms up and start leading the choir. It was SO cute! So I think everyone was probably watching her so much, that they didn't see Ashton... and even if they would have, the old people would have just laughed and said "how cute!" :)