Followers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Richfield, Utah October 2008

We went with Eli to Richfield Thursday, October 16, 2008. He is building a Holiday Inn & Suites Motel in Richfield Utah. I had never been to Richfield and thought it would be fun to get away from the noisey contruction happening outside . So we packed up and left around 6 am. We picked up Britian, Elis cousin who is working with him. We stayed until saturday afternoon and drove back to Slc by the way of Manti then drove to Nephi and back to our place. Friday, I took the boys and we began exploring the area. I loved it down there. It is an agricultural place. So they had a lot of hay fields and wheat, corn and cows. Reminded me of back home. The town was small and people were nice and friendly. I decided to take Ashton to the fish hatchery. It was listed on the map and had brown recreational signs. So I drive out to the hatchery, and it is closded to public visitors. On the way out I noticed alot of people in orange vests, which I thought was odd that they we so close to town, I thought they were hunting deer, it was the opening day. Well I watched them more and they had pick axes and bags, and I would see orange bags around and signs saying "cables on road" , weird was my thought. Well then I saw a lot of cable all over. Finally I found the signs explaining what was happening "semisic crew" ok that explains what they are doing mapping out the semisic activity in the area.
Then we drove to Fish Lake it is 38 miles from Richfield. I snapped this picture of the road signs. When we lived in Washington the hwy signs has the side profile of George Washington, and Utah has a Beehive.
These are some beautiful mountains on the other side of the valley, I loved the coloring and when the sun sets and rises it is beautiful how the color changes.
Ashton, I and Cameron at Fish Lake
The water was so clea I had to capture it. A huge fish jumped when we were walking along the shore, it was over a foot and a half long. Several boaters were on the lake fishing. The lake is rather large, if I remember correct the motel borchure said 2500 acres. It has cabins and camping areas.
Ashton walking along the shore exploring,
For some reason Ashton decided to smell the rocks before he would throw them into the lake.
By the ranger station, it twin creeks The sign said back in 1839 from some ladies diary entry that the water was cold but she put her bonnet in and caught 5 dozen fish. The sign by the creeks says "no catching fish your hands, or stepping on them." The creeks having fish that swim up them during spawning.
These next pictures are of the motel Eli has been working on.

While on our way to the lake and hatchery cameron woke up screaming wanted to eat so we stopped at this sign and read the sign. Look at the burr it looks like a soccer ball pieced together.
Richfield mountains.
Ashton at the lake. He would not look at me to busy finding bugs. He looks like he is posing for a minute maid commercial.



More motel pictures, the motel unloading area.

Mr. Happy pants.


1 comment:

Barbara Lou said...

Andrea, I was in St. George helping Tara with new baby Olivia. I went through Richfield coming home Oct 8.....just missed you...I stopped to visit an aunt in Monroe where my father grew up and I had lots of childhood memories. I wish I'd have known Eli was building the motel...I'd have stopped and said hi...Love, Aunt Barbara